Saturday, May 7, 2016

Welcome!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Caroline and welcome to my second site Vintage Otaku. I originally wanted to call this Retro Otaku...but that name was taken so Vintage it it is!

What is an Otaku?
An Otaku is a word that describes someone that has a mania for a hobby that is beyond normal.
In Japan it is considered negative to be called an otaku but outside of Japan it pretty much means you're a die hard fan of Anime, Manga and the Japanese culture.

For this site Otaku is pretty much anyone who just loves anything vintage. WW2, the 50's, 60's, Victorian Era, the sky's the limit, and you know why not some Anime and Manga if I get my hands on it.

I am the blog author of Pittsburgh Otaku and for a while I've been very interested in vintage items. I'm a bit of a sucker for 1940's items especially recipe and craft booklets.

On this site I hope to recreate vintage recipes and crafts and any interesting bits of information I pick up on the way.

Hope you enjoy your stay ^__^

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment